Coops Drainage & Civil Pty Ltd (herewith referred to as “CDC”, “we”, “us” or “our”), is a privately owned civil infrastructure company based in Qld, who is committed to protecting the privacy of any personal information held about individuals in accordance with the applicable laws.
“Personal information” is information about an individual, or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, as defined by applicable law.
“Sensitive information” is personal information which includes health, racial or ethnic origin, political opinion or membership, religion, union membership, sexual preference and criminal record.
This policy applies to Coops Drainage & Civil Pty Ltd, (51 068 701 397). The principles in this policy relate to any personal information you provide to us and also covers any information transmitted via the website, www.coops.com.au. We will only collect, holds and disclose personal information about individuals within the guidelines of this policy.
Calls received by our office are also incorporated into this policy.
CDC collects and holds your personal information in order to perform the necessary requirements that are carried out, in its ordinary course of business.
The information CDC holds will vary, depending on the circumstances and services you request from us. If you are a customer of CDC or subcontractor, we may also collect information about you from other suppliers.
2. What personal information does CDC hold?
The types of personal information CDC collects and holds will depend on the relationship we have with you, and the nature of services we provide, this may include:
- Your name;
- Date of Birth;
- Personal contact details, including phone/fax number/email address;
- Business name and contact details;
- Work history;
- Any information you provide through contact with our staff members, including the Accounts & HR department;
- Payment details;
CDC may also ask you to provide additional personal/business information to fulfill its duties and obligations for the purpose of our business. We may not be able to provide you with the information, goods or services you have requested if you cannot provide the relevant, required details.
3. How does CDC collect my personal information?
The gathering of information generally occurs when you:
- Call or email requesting information;
- Enter into an agreement with us;
- Visit our website;
- Provide information to a staff member;
- Visit us in person;
- Emails, telephone, letter or fax;
- Personal information may also be collected from other sources, such as social media, public registers, or third parties, but in doing so, CDC will adhere to all relevant privacy laws.
CDC will ensure that the required data will be collected only for the normal course of business purposes.
4. How does CDC use my personal information?
The gathering of your personal information is used to establish and conduct normal business relations.
It will be used in the manner as follows (but not limited to):
- Supplying the CDC goods or services you requested;
- Informing you of CDC products and services we offer;
- Research (including but not limited to client surveys);
- Conduct and improve our business;
- Assess job applicants.
Providing personal information during calls to our staff/office, will be deemed as acceptance of this policy, and all information provided will be used, as required to assist in answering your query or complaint.
If your query or complaint relates to any of the products, equipment or services provided by a CDC employee or subcontractor then the personal information provided may be used to rectify the situation.
CDC takes no responsibility for any data sent to us over the internet, (including via email).
CDC will take all reasonable steps to protect the personal information we hold about you from unauthorized access, interference, misuse, modification or disclosure, by use of passwords, and virus protectors.
If you choose to enter into a transaction with us, then you do so in accordance with these terms and you agree to be bound by them.
We do not provide any sensitive information to any service providers located outside of Australia.
5. Your rights of access and correction & how to lodge a privacy complaint?
CDC believes all information we have is up-to date and accurate. If your details change, please notify us so we can make the necessary modifications. If you wish to ascertain the personal information CDC holds about you please contact us on 07 3287 1844 or [email protected]
If you wish to make a complaint, or if you have any concerns regarding CDC privacy practices or its management of your personal information; or
- Consider that we have breached the APPs.
- Then please contact our office on (07) 3287 1844.
We will do everything we can to address the issue and amend the situation to achieve a positive outcome.
Further information about the Australian Privacy Principles can be found at http://www.oaic.gov.au.